About the Programme:
Serial Eyes is a postgraduate training programme for writers, preparing the next generation in bringing innovative serialized storytelling to television screens. Running from September to May, this full-time nine-month course provides intensive training in writing with a specific focus on European markets and the collaboration in the Writers‘ Room. Classes are taught in English and take place at the DFFB in Berlin.
In its ten years of operation, Serial Eyes has been recognized as one of the most influential TV writing and networking programmes for professional writers. The programme is funded with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA and Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, and has partnerships with Talent Unlimited, RTL Television, Sky Germany among others.
To continue the success of Serial Eyes, we’re looking for an energetic, ambitious, well-connected Head of Studies.
You are in charge of:
- Creating and further developing the Serial Eyes curriculum
- Mentoring and debriefing the participants regarding their projects throughout the year
- Liaison with teachers and recruitment of new teachers and mentors
- Selection of participants together with a selection committee
- Attendance at major events in Berlin (Midterm Pitch in January/Final Pitch in May) and study trips to London, Stockholm and Lille with participants
- Building and maintaining a European and international TV series network
What we expect:
- You are experienced in TV series, have a wide network of TV industry contacts and are familiar with the TV series industry, especially in Europe and Germany
- You have some experience in teaching and leading group workshop processes
- You show responsibility in leading and holding contact with the Serial Eyes participants as well as teachers and tutors from the industry
- You have clear, concise communication skills and know how to manage different groups of people and their expectations
- You have the ability to advocate for cultural diversity, gender balance and inclusion and ideally, you’ll have a demonstrable ability to bring a diverse perspective to this role • You speak fluent English; German language skills are preferable but not required
What we offer:
- We offer a part time, freelance position starting July 1st 2022 with approx. 150 days over a period of twelve months
- We work in a committed small team with a collegial working atmosphere at the DFFB
We look forward to receiving your application – which should be submitted as one PDF document – including motivation letter, CV, references about past projects and salary requirement until May 20th 2022 by e-mail to email@example.com. For further information, you can contact Kathrin Osterndorff (Head of DFFB+): firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.