Do you want to work with state-of-the-art technologies in a fun, diverse team that cares about its people just as much as for its products?
As a Back end developer, you will be part of our engineering team and partner with product owners to define the product delivery roadmap and help your team build great products.
YOUR CHALLENGES AND TASKS
- Rearchitecting current applications into multiple microservices, inspired by the twelve-factor app methodology and employing a domain-driven design mindset
- Migrating microservices to cloud technology (AWS)
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product owners, UX designers and data analysts in an agile environment
- You mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- You ideally have 4+ years of hands-on experience as a full-stack/ backend developer with exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Good understanding of Agile software development principles including using common tools such as JIRA
- Experience and knowledge in relational databases and Time-Series databases
- Significant hands-on experience across Microservices development using Spring Boot and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD methods and practices
- Good knowledge of Kafka
- Terraform is not new to you
- The ability to know when, why, and where you should use libraries and frameworks, but no dependency on them
- TypeScript/React background is a plus
- Commercial hands-on experience with AWS is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- You want flexibility? With us, you can organize your time in a highly flexible, hybrid work model – combine both, office and remote
- Enjoy our brand new office located in the heart of Berlin – state-of-the-art ergonomic furniture, a wide variety of culinary treats, and a breath-taking rooftop are included!
- Your new colleagues come from more than 46 different countries and are looking forward to welcoming you into our big Ladenzeile family
- Your daily lunch is important to us! We even incentivize it – tax-free
- Up to 18 extra vacation days thanks to our Vacation Plus program
- Never stop learning and growing in your career thanks to an extensive range of trainings, including Axel Springer educational opportunities
- Plenty of events – safely virtual for now – to get together with your team and meet all the amazing LadenZeile people
- Need some fuel to recharge your batteries? Free coffee, fresh fruits, vegetables, and cereals are available for all your snack breaks at the office
- A great mind works better in a healthy body: choose among online yoga classes, exercise breaks, and table football
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English, including your CV, salary expectations, and availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Nuria Cano is looking forward to your application!