Square Metrics was founded in 2014 anticipating new technology trends and the rise in smartphone usage. Partnering with industry leaders, we grew from a hardware producer to a proximity data management platform provider specializing in mobile tracking solutions.
Our platform provides solutions for customer analytics and asset analytics. You can choose any or all of the available proximity technologies: Geofences, Beacons, NFC tags, or QR codes – the Proximity DMP is the platform to manage them all.
Businesses from over 50 countries use Offline In-store data generated by our platform as an integral part of their Omnichannel strategy. Today, Square Metrics is recognized as a Top European Location-based Solution provider while complying with the GDPR.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Support the software development of our beacon management platform, based on best-in-class cloud platform technologies. You will directly report to the CTO.
- Lead cross-platform initiatives to align mobile, web and backend development.
- Responsible for the overall software architecture and connecting the dots between the backend services, the RESTful APIs, mobile SDKs and 3rd party network partners.
- Work with engineers, product management and QA to develop and meet functional and nonfunctional requirements on schedule.
- Take ownership about setting up a learning engineering organization, i.e. coordinate workshops, hackathons and conference visits.
- Manage junior software developers and coordinate code reviews and pair programming.
- Support rollouts and be available for on-callduties to resolve production issues.
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code.
- Investigate new technologies and development methodologies.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid references of successful product launches and achievements
- Experience with cloud infrastructures and platform-as-a-service solutions. Experience with Google cloud technologies like Stackdriver, Datastore, BigQuery, AppEngine or Compute Engine is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of mobile platforms and SDKs(iOS and/or Android)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, design patterns and object-oriented design
- Experience with agile software development methods (e.g. Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Active Open Source, GitHub or Stack Overflow contributor a plus
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Flexible work schedules, based on core working hours
- Cool and comfortable office and great team events
- Soft drinks, fruits, sweets, coffee, tea and „Friday Beer“
- Part of an awesome product
- Motivated and international team
- Relaxed atmosphere, no dress-code