We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a “Category Manager (m/f/d) – Brands & Shops” you will actively drive the expansion of www.ladenzeile.de by caring about developing our shop and brands pages, with focus on shops collaboration and promotional campaigns.
- You initiate and manage consumer, market, industry, and competitor research to identify business trends and opportunities
- You define the strategy for your segment, and based on the category needs, you convey projects and improvements ideas
- You make sure that users benefit from the best possible purchasing experience – both in terms of inventory and accessibility
- You initiate, plan and manage promotional campaigns on our website e.g. seasonal campaigns, shops and brands campaigns
- You work closely with other departments such as Sales, Content, Marketing, Product and Finance
- You measure and report on your category’s performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- You have at least 3 years of experience in online marketing
- You are a proactive, highly motivated and self-dependent individual with good project management skills
- You have a good understanding of the German e-commerce sector
- You come with excellent communication skills as well as a professional and customer-oriented personality
- You’re a critical thinker and have good analytical skills
- You have a good knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics
- You possess the ability to work cross-departmentally and in an international environment
- You speak German and English on a very good level
- We work with thousands of e-commerce companies – Take responsibility and have an immediate impact on our portfolio
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Nazia Khan will be your point of contact.