We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison-shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As an Engineering Manager, you will be leading the team that handles the underlying infrastructure of our whole Business Journey. You will play an important role in all technical aspects of migrating our platform into the cloud.
You manage, build and grow a team that works on the underlying platform supporting stream-aligned teams in delivery. The platform team simplifies otherwise complex technology and reduces cognitive load for teams that use it.
We are currently rebuilding the whole platform. If you are looking for a place to shape things, learn new technologies and increase your knowledge, feel free to join us.
YOUR CHALLENGES AND TASKS
- We need you to rebuild our tech stack for the new ShopAlike experience
- Set a high bar for operational excellence in terms of clean-code, observability, scalability and reliability
- You identify together with your team and your stakeholder’s technical risks
- Help us build a responsive, scalable, reliable and performant platform in a distributed architecture on top of Kubernetes (EKS) in AWS
- You provide guidance to other stream-aligned teams on managing end-to-end availability & performance of mission-critical services & on building automation to prevent problem recurrence
- You monitor team health, recruit and own the interview process
- Experience as a technical lead for the whole software development lifecycle, from scoping a component, conception, design, implementation, and testing through documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- You have experience with Cluster-Management, Infrastructure-as-Code, Monitoring in terms of uptime, costs or resilience and CI/CD Systems
- You have proven experience with managing, inspiring and growing a team of 3-5 engineers
- You translate WHY for projects to HOW through articulating complex technical interrelations in an understandable, simple way
- You are not dependent on libraries and tools, but know when, where, and why you should use them
WHAT WE OFFER
- You want flexible? We are! You can have your onboarding remotely, work from home, and organize your day through flexible working hours
- Enjoy our brand new office located in the heart of Berlin – state-of-the-art ergonomic furniture, a wide variety of culinary treats and a breath-taking rooftop are included!
- Your new colleagues come from more than 46 different countries and are looking forward to welcoming you in our big Visual Meta family
- Your daily lunch is important to us! In fact, we even incentivize it – tax-free.
- Up to 18 extra vacation days thanks to our Vacation Plus program
- Never stop learning and growing in your career thanks to an extensive range of training, including Axel Springer educational opportunities
- Plenty of events – safely virtual for now – to get together with your team and meet all the amazing LadenZeile people
- Need some fuel to recharge your batteries? Free coffee, fresh fruits, vegetables and cereals are available for all your snack breaks at the office
- A great mind works better in a healthy body: choose among online yoga classes, exercise breaks and table football
IS THIS THE JOB YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability.
Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Nur Süzen is looking forward to your application!