We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a “Full-stack Java Web Developer”, you will ship the most dazzling features, in the most innovative way.
- You are enthusiastic about the e-commerce field and want to leave your imprint on exciting projects
- You are in charge of developing efficient user facing features for a top e-commerce platform
- You build performant solutions for an SEO optimized website
- You work together with software engineers, product owners, UX designers and analysts to provide the best user experience on our platform
- You translate design concepts into working HTML5/CSS3 components and connect them with the backend logic in Java
- You set up A/B-tests to assure effectiveness and user acceptance of new functionalities
- You use APIs and REST interfaces to connect our services (Frontend – Backend)
- You have strong communication skills that combine logical reasoning and transparency to achieve the common vision of the team
- You have a result-driven and agile mindset and are able to innovate to simplify processes
- You have an advanced knowledge and significant experience (3+ years) with Frontend and Full-Stack development
- You have a very good knowledge in Responsive Design and development for mobile devices
- You are familiar with Git or similar version control systems
- Basic knowledge of SASS, TypeScript, Angular/React is a plus
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.