We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
YOUR CHALLENGES AND TASKS
- Leading the transformation of the company into a truly data-driven organisation
- Understanding key drivers of business performance and providing support with your expertise
- Taking ownership of the data area consisting of three teams (Data Engineering, Business Intelligence & Reporting and Machine Learning)
- Building and continuously adjusting the roadmap to ensure the future viability of both the data area and its services towards the entire company
- Building a high performance organisation by advancing the skills and knowledge of your teams
- Establishing agile yet stable processes
- Profound experience with managing large scale technology projects
- Outstanding technical knowledge regarding modern data infrastructure & technology, spanning across the areas of data integration, data storage & modelling, and data reporting & use in production (machine learning applications)
- Deep knowledge of concepts regarding modern Business Intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and technological understanding
- Knowledge of e-commerce, digital marketing, and digital business models in general
- Familiarity with tools like Tableau, Impala, Hadoop, S3, Snowflake
- Excellent English language skills
- Degree in business, economics or technical subject is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Benefit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us, you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27+ vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
IS THIS THE JOB YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Lascha Barbakadze is looking forward to your application!