We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
YOUR CHALLENGES AND TASKS
- You own the design cycle and lead our highly motivated multi-disciplinary team of UX/UI Designers, Graphic Designers, Interaction Engineers and Product Owners as they redesign and build great B2B and B2C products
- You mentor the team while ensuring best-performing design and experience for our internal, external and corporate users
- You work closely with our Product Owners & Department Heads to grow strategic concepts through ideation, exploration and user validation processes
- You inspire and lead your team to apply qualitative and quantitative data to create the best products
- You empower art direction within the company so that all departments stay consistent with the visual language & Product strategy
- You defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
WHAT WE OFFER
- We are a successful e-commerce company hiring under any circumstances, we onboard our new colleagues remotely
- We innovate, build products that matter and support entrepreneurial spirit and initiative
- We work with thousands of e-commerce companies – Take responsibility and have an immediate impact on our portfolio
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
- You have demonstrated experience crafting and growing mobile-first e-commerce products and know the difference between a ‘good’ and an ‘amazing’ solution.you and your team will own the design fields & strategy for Product Design, UX/UI and Graphic Design
- You have a deep knowledge of modern web UI and UX patterns
- You have a proven leadership track record dealing with multidisciplinary and cross-departmental teams, whether as project lead or team lead
- You know how to best organise and lead the strategic design collaboration between Product Owners, Stakeholders & Designers
- You are passionate about finding the perfect balance between useful and beautiful
- Experience in Ideation frameworks such as Design Thinking & Design Sprints is a plus
- You have deep experience with UI/UX tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop
IS THIS THE JOB YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Lascha Barbakadze is looking forward to your application!