We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As “Sales Manager (m/f)” you will be responsible for handling our entire German and Austrian partner portfolio, from acquisition to account management. If you want to take responsibility for the success of our German and Austrian platform, work in an international environment and are looking for a diverse position, then might this be the right opportunity for you.
- You are in charge of acquiring new Key/Strategic German/Austrian partner shops via telephone, mail and on-site visits
- You drive the internationalization of the shop by connecting it to the other European markets during the acquisition phase
- You analyse the market and competitors in order to create high-value leads
- You proactively follow up on open leads and you are responsible for negotiating and preparing contracts
- You update and maintain our CRM database
- You accompany our new partners through the onboarding process and set their shops live on our platforms
- You support the training of your colleagues by sharing your experience in regular acquisition meetings
- You work closely with other international sales managers and departments such as Quality, Finance, Marketing and IT
- You have 4+ years of experience in sales acquisition and can demonstrate corresponding success
- You have a native level of German and fluent English skills
- You love being on the phone and you are passionate about converting and handing over potential customers into our Key Account Management Team
- You have a good understanding of the German e-commerce and online marketing sector and you understand online shops’ key KPIs
- You are a proactive team player, motivated and self-dependent individual with excellent negotiation skills
- You come with excellent communication skills as well as a professional customer and service-oriented personality
- You offer professional handling of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and G Suite products and ideally have experience with handling of CRM systems (Salesforce)
- We work with thousands of e-commerce companies- Take responsibility and have an immediate impact on our portfolio
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.