We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As „Working student Windows System Administrator (m/f/d)” you will further develop and improve our Office IT Environment. You will help us to evaluate and deploy new technology for our company.
- You administer and improve our current Active Directory setup
- You integrate Active Directory into the Active Directory setup of our parent company
- You improve our Windows Deployment Services set up
- You automate tasks with Bash and/or Powershell
- You manage Backups for virtualized environment (Hyper-V)
- You administer Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- You are enrolled in a University and study in a relevant field
- You have a good knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory
- You have a basic understanding of operating a PKI preferably under Microsoft Active Directory
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, especially the administrative tasks
- You have worked in an agile environment and are used to tools such as JIRA
- You have a good knowledge in Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- You like to draft and develop K.I.S.S. solutions for problems in an imperfect world
- You have very good communication skills in both, spoken and written, English
- You like working in an international team
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We take responsibility – With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – flexible working hours, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.