The INVESTORS’ DINNER traditionally brings startups and investors together and opens up unique pitch opportunities. The selected startups deliver their pitches over an exquisite 3-course dinner at a table where selected VCs and business angels sit directly opposite them. The dinner event thus enables valuable contacts to be made in an exclusive atmosphere.
Who is the 24th INVESTORS’ DINNER aimed at?
We are looking for early-stage startups from the B2B and B2C sectors. Applications are welcome from innovative startups with high-growth potential seeking venture capital between €200,000 and €3,000,000. The focus is on the topics Media Technologies and Media Platforms, Artificial Intelligence, Gaming and SaaS. Since it is particularly difficult to find investment in the gaming sector, we will make sure that there will be investors on site for this field as well.
What is the timeline of the 24th INVESTORS’ DINNER?
- 19 June 2023 – Call for applications
- 15 August 2023 – End of application period
- 18 September 2023 – Jury meeting
- 28 September 2023 – Pitch Training
- 10 October 2023 – 24th Investors’ Dinner
How do you profit from a participation in the INVESTORS’ DINNER?
The 23 previous INVESTORS’ DINNERs between 2011 and November 2022 have successfully paved the way to investments for many startups. For example, BMP, b-to-v, Frühphasenfonds Brandenburg, HTGF, HV Holtzbrinck Venture, Partech, Speedinvest, Unternehmertum Venture Capital Partners, Ventech, WestTech Ventures and other venture capitalists have invested in alumni. In total, more than 30 investments have been made.
In general, you will benefit from the contacts to build long-term investor relationships and the profound feedback of our experts at the preparation meeting (pitch training). In addition, you can make many valuable contacts with the other founders, which will be an enrichment for your network.
- As a member of medianet you also get access to over 60 exclusive events per year and a network of over 1500 multipliers. The association offers you political representation of interests, knowledge transfer, visibility and much more. Here you can find all the advantages at a glance.
- Through our cooperation partner deGUT, all startups selected and approved for the dinner will each receive a one-day ticket to Germany’s largest startup fair, which will take place on October 13 and 14, 2023.
- As an official part of the Berlin SaaS Week 2023, two selected startups from the SaaS field will each receive a ticket to the Arrtist Summit on October 12, 2023.
- Through our partner META, some selected startups will also get exclusive access to META’s Central Europe Startup VC Bootcamp, which will help you achieve your marketing KPIs most efficiently.
- Our partner, the communications agency CBE DIGIDEN, offers a free initial website analysis to all participating startups.
- All selected startups get the possibility to participate in the exclusive workshop “How to find Business Angels” by Sebastian Schwenke, Managing Director of Business Angels Club Berlin-Brandenburg.
- Media Tech Hub Potsdam will give all startups selected for the dinner access to their Startup Masterclass: Venture Capital Fundraising, where you will learn how to successfully raise venture capital.
How can you apply?
The application deadline was 15 August 2023. An experienced jury of experts will now review all applications and select the participants.
What does the participation cost?
All interested startups from the above-mentioned industries can participate with their pitch decks free of charge in the intensive selection and evaluation process of the approximately 14-member top-class jury. Should you be selected and invited by the jury for the INVESTORS’ DINNER, a participation fee of €75 has to be paid. This fee includes a preparatory pitch training by the jury, participation in the dinner, access to the investors, as well as a one-year membership as a regular startup member of medianet and thus access to almost 1,500 multipliers from the media, creative and digital industries in the capital region.
Which investors take part in INVESTORS’ DINNER?
VCs at past events were: Auxxo Beteiligungen GmbH, Brandenburg Kapital GmbH, bmp Ventures AG, btov Partners, Business Angels Berlin-Brandenburg, Capnamic Ventures, Companisto, Creathor Ventures, Deutera, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures GmbH, Earlybird, e.ventures, Gruner + Jahr, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Heartcore Capital, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, IBB Bet, ILB, innogy, Iris Capital, JOIN Capital, Joyance Partners, June Fund, Motu Ventures, Project A, Porsche Ventures, Redstone, seed+speed Ventures, signals, Smart Infrastructure Ventures GmbH, Target Partners, Think Health, Unternehmertum Venture Capital Partners, VENTECH Capital, WestTech Ventures, Wille Finance AG and XAnge!
Conditions of participation
By submitting your application, you agree to:
- the payment of a participation fee of €75 (if you are selected for the dinner), which includes a one-year membership at medianet berlinbrandenburg e.V. for the year 2024,
- the use of your documents & data for the jury meeting (original documents will be forwarded to our jury),
- contacting you for all purposes of the 24th Investors’ Dinner 2023,
- the communication of your participation (if you are selected for the dinner) in social media posts, on the medianet website, in the newsletter and other PR materials,
- the visual documentation of the event and use of the images and videos for all purposes of online and offline public relations by medianet berlinbrandenburg e.V.
Become a partner of the 24th Investors’ Dinner!
With your partnership, you gain access to attractive and innovative startups and investors. Network with like-minded network partners, be part of the jury session and increase the visibility of your company through medianet’s communication services! If you are interested, please contact Anne Autenrieb, Project Manager SERVICES & GAMES.