What is the media:net?
- The media:net berlinbrandenburg ranks among the biggest and most successful regional networks of media and digital economy in Germany. We are providing the connection between economy and politics – for you, your business, your interests and your location Berlin-Brandenburg. Due to its excellent contacts in business, politics and research, the media:net is broadly networked and very well positioned.
How do you become a member?
- You have two options: either directly fill in the application HERE or you simply print the offline application and send it in via e-mail, mail or fax.
What does the media:net actually do?
- media:net organizes over 130 events a year with its various initiatives. An overview of our event formats and reports of past events can be found here. Our initiatives are media.connect brandenburg, production:net berlinbrandenburg, games:net berlinbrandenburg, startup:net berlinbrandenburg and BerlinBalticNordic.net. The media:net serves the creative industry from Berlin and Brandenburg as a platform for networking, exchange and cultivating contacts. For this we offer special event formats, adapted to the diverse interests of our members. The media:net, together with its members, contributes to the economic conditions at the location. We represent your interests locally and also bring you into contact with other economic sectors. In us you have a mouthpiece that brings your topics to the public.
- As a member you also get the chance to publish your vacancies for free in our Job Market. In our weekly newsletter we exclusively report about our member´s news. media:net also offers a platform for HR with the format HRNETWORK and the berlin.digital newsletter.
How is the media:net financed?
- The basic funding of the media:net are the membership fees and sponsoring from the economy. In addition, media:net receives project-related funding.
What does it mean for me and my company to be a member?
- The media:net supports you very concretely and strengthens your company at the location. We open the doors for you. We make your company visible and connect you. For your company, this means finding potential new customers / partners / employees, finding investors, exchanging ideas with other companies from the same or different industries. In addition, the media:net offers you the opportunity to help shape the economic conditions on site. When exchanging ideas with other companies, you can take valuable impulses with you. With a membership of your company you get 100 percent network performance for the employees.
Why is the media:net necessary?
- The media:net networks you on site and beyond (for example at the fairs gamescom and dmexco or with our initiative BBN.net) in Germany and Europe. Members profit from a long know-how and the big network. We have the opportunity to promote topics what we do together with our more than 400 members. The media:net conveys skills and brings decision-makers from economics and politics together. We organize delegation trips and thus network with international contacts. Also via BerlinBalticNordic.net you have the opportunity to get to know new locations in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In the past we were already in Tallinn, Stockholm or Warsaw.
Why are there initiatives and how do you become a member in them?
- Our initiatives ensure that the interests of all our members are represented. As soon as you become a member of media:net, you will automatically be assigned to the appropriate initiative, but no separate membership will be required. For all companies from Brandenburg there is media.connect. Games companies can be found at games:net. We have created the production:net for the film and television industry and the startup:net for all startups from the capital region. Last but not least, the initiative BerlinBalticNordic.net creates the network with Scandinavia and the countries in the Baltic States. As a member of media:net you can also be a member of several initiatives!
Who are the appropriate contact persons for my request?
- Every iniative has a contact person:
berlin.digital – Daria Groß
games:net – Jörn Leue
production:net – Juliane Herzberg
statup:net and agencies– Nadja Pahl
games:net Berlin Europe – Florian Masuth
PR & Publicity and Publishing Industry Manager – Alexander Fuchs
Newsletter, Website, Cooperations & Social Media – Xenia Günther
Several organizational requests and universitites – Sabrina Manthe
You can find an overview of our team here.
I have a startup, what can the media:net do for me?
- For startups we have our initiative startup:net. Startups pay reduced membership fees, you´ll find further information about that HERE. Out network offers startups a variety of offers and opportunities: besides the networking and establising in the scene, contacts to big players, investors and banks can be made through the media:net. At the Investor´s Dinner you can pitch for the capital of high-class investors and at our fairs you find right contacts to established companies or funding institutions. Don´t hesitate to directly contact Nadja Pahl to get further information.
With whom does the media:net work together?
- In the first place, definitely with our members. But we also have several supporters and partners who actively support us.
How did the media:net come about?
- The network, then named newmedia.net, was launched in 2001 by Bernd Schiphorst, today chairman of the supervisory board of media:net. Read more about it in an interview with him.
Can I come by and say hello?
- You are welcome to make an appointment with us to get to know each other. Please directly contact Sabrina Manthe, either via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: 030-246285710.
And if I don´t have a company but am self-employeed?
- You can also become a member in the media:net as a freelancer, as a natural person with a sponsored membership. Just fill out the membership application and choose the right category. As a freelancer, you also profit from the size and variety of the network which can offer you potential positions as well as the promotion of your own person.