The INVESTORS’ DINNER traditionally brings startups and investors together at one table and opens unique pitch opportunities. Instead of a stage presentation, startups give their pitches over an exquisite 3-course dinner at a table where selected VCs and business angels sit directly opposite them. The dinner event thus enables valuable contacts to be made in an exclusive atmosphere.
Why is a FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER needed?
- The share of female founders in Germany was only 11.9% in 2020, currently it is 20%.
- In the first half of 2022, only 5% of all startup investments in Europe were made in all-female founding teams and 18% in mixed founding teams.
- In terms of VC deals in the first half of 2022, only 1% of all investments closed in Europe were in all-female teams and 12% in mixed founding teams.
- In contrast, female founding teams in Germany create around 5 jobs more than male founder start-ups.
- Female founders assemble comparatively larger and more diverse teams for their startups.
- Female founders generate on average 10% more revenues over a period of 5 years compared to male founder startups.
The current figures reflect an imbalance between investments in and performance of female founder startups!
medianet would like to counteract this fact with a FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER.
Together with selected partners, medianet 2023 will offer female founders a platform to promote them more strongly and contribute to combating the “gender investment gap”.
We are delighted to have won Iris Braun, Co-Founder & Chief International Officer at share GmbH, as patron of the FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER.
Who is the FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER aimed at?
We are looking for early-stage startups from the B2B and B2C sectors with a founding team that includes at least one woman (or a person who identifies as female). Applications are welcome from innovative startups with high-growth potential seeking venture capital between €200,000 and €3,000,000. The focus is on the topics Media Technologies and Media Platforms, VR/AR/XR, Artificial Intelligence, Gaming, Marketing and E-Commerce Solutions, Mobile, FinTech, Blockchain/NFT, SaaS, Cybersecurity and Consumer Health.
What is the timeline of the FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER?
- 01 February 2023 – Call for applications
- 24 March 2023 – End of application period
- 13 April 2023 – Jury meeting
- 24 April 2023 – Pitch Training
- 04 May 2023 – Female Investors’ Dinner
What’s in it for you when participating in the INVESTORS’ DINNER?
The 23 previous INVESTORS’ DINNERs between 2011 and November 2022 have successfully paved the way to investments for many startups. For example, BMP, b-to-v, Frühphasenfonds Brandenburg, HTGF, HV Holtzbrinck Venture, Partech, Speedinvest, Unternehmertum Venture Capital Partners, Ventech, WestTech Ventures and other venture capitalists have invested in alumni. In total, more than 30 investments have been made. In general, you will benefit from the contacts to build long-term investor relationships and the profound feedback of our experts at the preparation meeting. Additionally, you can make many valuable contacts with the other founders, which will be an enrichment for your network.
As a member of medianet, you also get access to over 60 exclusive events per year and a network of over 1500 multipliers. The association offers you political representation, knowledge transfer, visibility and much more. Here you can find all the benefits.
Through our partner META, some selected startups will also get exclusive access to META’s Central Europe Startup VC Bootcamp, which will help you achieve your marketing KPIs most efficiently.
Our partner, the communications agency CBE DIGIDEN, offers a free initial website analysis to all participating startups.
All selected startups get the possibility to participate in the exclusive workshop “How to find Business Angels” by Sebastian Schwenke, Managing Director of Business Angels Club Berlin-Brandenburg.
How can you apply?
The application deadline was March 24, 2023. An experienced jury of experts will review all applications and select the participants.
What does participation cost?
All interested startups from the above-mentioned industries that have at least one female founding member can participate with their pitch decks free of charge in the intensive selection and evaluation process of the top-class jury. Should you be selected and invited by the jury for the FEMALE INVESTORS’ DINNER, a participation fee of €75 must be paid. This fee includes a preparatory pitch training by the jury, participation in the dinner, access to the investors, as well as a one-year membership as a regular startup member of medianet and thus access to almost 1,500 multipliers from the media, creative and digital industries in the capital region.
Which investors have already taken part in the INVESTORS’ DINNER?
VCs at past events were: Acton, Alexander Krug, ALSTIN Capital, APX, Atlantic Labs, Auxxo Female Catalyst Fund, Brandenburg Kapital GmbH, bmp Ventures AG, btov Partners, Business Angels Club Berlin-Brandenburg, Burda Principal Investments, Capnamic Ventures, Companisto, Creathor Ventures, Deutera, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures GmbH, Earlybird, e.ventures, Family Office evalue AG, Gruner + Jahr, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Heartcore Capital, hub:raum, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, IBB Bet., ILB, innogy, Iris Capital, JOIN Capital, Joyance Partners, June Fund, Dirk Drischenowski, Motu Ventures, Daniel Pieper, Porsche Ventures, Project A, Reaktor.Berlin, Redstone, seed+speed Ventures, signals, Smart Infrastructure Ventures GmbH, Target Partners, Techstars, Think Health, Unternehmertum Venture Capital Partners, VENTECH Capital, Viega GmbH & Co. KG, WestTech Ventures, Wille Finance AG und XAnge!
Conditions of participation
By submitting your application, you agree to:
- the payment of a participation and nominal membership fee of €75 (only if you are selected for the dinner), which includes a one-year membership at medianet berlinbrandenburg e.V.,
- the use of your documents & data for the jury meeting (original documents will be forwarded to our jury),
- contacting you for all purposes of the 23rd Investors’ Dinner 2022,
- the communication of your participation (if you are selected for the dinner) in social media posts, on the medianet website, in the newsletter and other PR and marketing materials,
- the visual documentation of the event and use of the images for all purposes of online and offline public relations by medianet berlinbrandenburg e.V.
Become a partner of the Female Investors’ Dinner!
With your partnership, you actively participate in a forward-looking and socially relevant format and gain access to attractive and innovative startups. Network with like-minded network partners, be part of the jury session and increase your visibility through medianet’s communication services! If you are interested, please contact Anne Autenrieb, Project Manager SERVICES & GAMES.